My school will:
• be a happy welcoming place that makes me feel secure and confident and valued.
• give me access to a broad, well-balanced and relevant curriculum that
-helps me to enjoy learning
-meets my current educational needs
-provides challenging but achievable targets in ‘small steps’ that lead me to make ‘giant strides’ in my learning.
-makes sure I continue to be a confident learner and leave this school wanting to learn more.
• work closely with my family to ensure all the adults involved with me are in partnership helping me reach my potential.
• inform my family regularly about my progress, what I will be learning each term and keep them informed about school activities through regular contact via the class Dojo, home / school notebooks (where used) through letters home, newsletters and notices about special events.
• maintain an ‘open door’ policy so that my family feel welcome, know how to find out information about me, about the school in general and they are offered opportunities to become involved in the daily life of the school.
• by the good example of the adults who work there, continue to help me learn how to build good relationships, be polite, caring, gentle and considerate towards others, in and out of school, to develop a sense of responsibility and to have respect for my surroundings and myself.
My family will:
• see that I attend school regularly, and on the first day of absence, ensure the school knows the reason if I am absent.
• help me to be ready in time for the organised transport, if that is how I travel to school, and be there when I come home at the end of the day.
• keep the school informed if there are any concerns, problems or medical matters that may affect my work or behaviour, in the home/school notebook (where used), by telephone or by visit to the school wherever appropriate.
• attend annual review meetings and/or meetings held in school to discuss my progress.
• support me to carry on my learning at home.
• let the school know if they would like someone from school to visit us at home if they feel such a visit might be helpful.
• try to do my best for as much of the time as possible!
Child’s name: ……………………………………..